TeamGantt’s sidebar and gantt chart both have a fresh new look! ✨ These changes were designed with 3 main goals in mind:
- Reduce clutter and improve scannability so it’s easier to find what you need
- Put important projects, features, and tools at your fingertips faster
- Make room for future features—like folders and boards—in the sidebar
Here’s a quick tour of what’s new, with a sneak peek at what’s to come.
Sidebar update: Jump to top tools and projects in a single click
Quick links for key sections
Aside from a few style updates, the biggest change you’ll notice in your new sidebar is the addition of 3 quick link icons along the far left of your sidebar. Let’s take a closer look at each one.
Think of this quick link as the key to everything that’s specific to you. Clicking the purple Me icon opens and closes the main portion of your sidebar, where you can access your projects, daily tasks, time sheet, or custom views (coming soon). We cleaned this section up a bit by relocating any global links to the next 2 quick link icons.
This quick link makes staying on top of project communication a snap. Simply click the green chat bubble icon to go straight to your main Discussions page. If you see a little red dot in the bottom right of this icon, that means you’ve got an unread discussion to catch up on.
In the old sidebar, Workloads and Reports existed as 2 separate links in your sidebar. Now all the report-y things live together on a single Reports page you can get to quickly by clicking the blue graph icon.
Collapsing and expanding the sidebar
You’ve always been able to minimize the sidebar for a wider gantt chart view. But now you’ll have easy access to your 3 new quick links, even when your sidebar is closed.
Collapsing and expanding your sidebar is as easy as hovering over it. When you're not actively using it, the main section tucks away out of sight so you have more room to focus on project work.
Filter your project list by Favorites
If you’ve got lots of projects to keep up with, your sidebar can stretch on for days. With this update, you have the ability to filter your project list down to just your faves. Simply click the star icon to turn your Favorites filter on and off for a cleaner sidebar view.
Here’s an example of how your sidebar will look with and without the Favorites filter applied.
Full project list without the Favorites view applied
Filtered project list with the Favorites view applied
Gantt chart update: Scan your gantt chart more easily
We’re always looking for ways to make TeamGantt easier on the eyes, so your gantt chart got a recent refresher. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s new:
- Updated styles have been applied to project, group, and task bars—plus column headers and milestones—for a clean and consistent gantt chart look.
- Highlights make it easier for you to find top-level groups and tell which task or group you’re hovering over as you scan your project.
- Tasks that are at 0% show up in light gray so you can see work in progress more clearly at a glance.
- Toggle arrows appear to the left of each group bar, enabling you to collapse and expand task groups directly from your gantt chart.
- We brought our new and improved project, group, and task edit windows into the gantt chart. When editing tasks, for example, you can toggle quickly between task details and checklist items without the need to scroll.
Coming soon: Boards, templates, folders, and new list view
These aren’t the only changes we’ve been working on behind the scenes. Here’s a sneak peek of what’s to come:
- Boards: We’re super-excited to bring boards to TeamGantt for the ultimate blended project management experience! 🙌 We’re beginning to roll this feature out to early beta users. Let us know if you want to be one of the first to try it out.
- Project templates: Project planning is about to get even easier! Look for brand-new templates to hit your TeamGantt account soon. You’ll have ready-to-go options for different project types right at your fingertips anytime you set up a new project.
- Project folders: Wish you could organize your long list of projects into folders for a leaner, cleaner sidebar? We hear you and are working hard to make it so.
- List view updates: Your list view is also getting a style update, with the ability to mark tasks as complete with a single check. ✅
Tell us what you think
We’re always looking for ways to make TeamGantt work better for you. So send us your feedback on these new updates, and feel free to share suggestions for other features you’d like to see!
Don’t have a TeamGantt account? Sign up today for free!