Was attending a project management conference one of your career goals this year? If you haven’t had a chance to check that to-do off your list, you’re in luck. We may be nearing the halfway mark for the year, but there are still plenty of opportunities for you to make it happen.
We pulled together a quick list of 2019 project management conferences that span a variety of industries and methodologies, with options on every continent (except Antarctica). Here are just a couple of notes on the details:
- We included standard rates for pricing, but early-bird rates may be available. Some events also offer a whole matrix of rates that aren’t listed below (student, retiree, group, full-day vs. 1-day, etc.). Be sure to review all your options before deciding a conference isn’t in your budget.
- Want to earn PDU credits but don’t see that info listed on the conference website? Contact the event organizers to check on PDU eligibility.
Ready to see what’s out there? Give this list a look, and take your pick!
Set on the shores of Lake Geneva, you couldn’t ask for a more picturesque setting to expand your construction project management knowledge. This year’s ICPMA conference agenda covers 2 key themes—the transformation of city neighborhoods and the digital revolution—and also includes a construction site visit.
- 📅 When: June 13–14, 2019
- 🌍 Where: Lausanne, Switzerland
- 💸 Cost: CHF 395 (~$390) for member / CHF 445 (~$440) for non-member
If you’re an engineering project manager, head to Pablo Picasso’s birthplace for the ICPME. With 10 different topic areas offered, you can cater your learning to your particular niche, whether you work in civil, industrial, environmental, or software engineering. Take advantage of the Companions program if you want to explore the city’s rich cultural history while you’re there.
- 📅 When: July 9–12, 2019
- 🌍 Where: Málaga, Spain
- 💸 Cost: 460€ (~$515) for member / 560€ (~$625) for non-member
Don’t be fooled by the name: All genders are welcome here. This half-day conference precedes Agile2019 and is all about encouraging, supporting, and expanding women’s presence in the Agile community. It’s a great opportunity to contribute to the conversation and be a part of a solution.
- 📅 When: August 4, 2019
- 🌎 Where: Washington, DC
- 💸 Cost: $50
Hosted by the Agile Alliance—which was founded by the original Agile Manifesto authors—this conference is the real Agile deal. With 20+ tracks and over 250 sessions to choose from, you’ll find tons to learn at Agile2019. If you’re looking to connect with peers and get plugged into the Agile community, make plans to attend the various special events they’ve got scheduled.
- 📅 When: August 5–9, 2019
- 🌎 Where: Washington, DC
- 💸 Cost: $2,099 (member) / $2,499 (non-member)
The PMI Africa Conference will focus on “Growth in Africa Made Possible by Project Managers” in 2019. Expect to broaden your understanding of Africa’s rapid development and how project management intersects with and leads to its success. The full line-up of speakers has yet to be announced, so keep your eye out for more program info to come.
- 📅 When: September 8–10, 2019
- 🌍 Where: Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
- 💸 Cost: $350 (Africa chapter member) / $400 (PMI member) / $500 (non-member)
This year’s event takes place on the Yucatan Peninsula and centers around the theme of “Integrating Sustainability into Project Management.” Grow your project, program, and portfolio management skills, with special emphasis on topics like clean energy, infrastructure, SMART cities, agribusiness, and education.
- 📅 When: September 30–October 2, 2019
- 🌎 Where: Merida, Mexico
- 💸 Cost: $680 (member) / $780 (non-member)
Looking to maintain your PMP certification? You can earn up to 18 PDUs at the PMI Global Conference. Best-selling author and TED Talk speaker Adam Grant headlines this year’s event. Come early or stay late to take advantage of additional pre- and post-conference learning opportunities at SeminarsWorld.
- 📅 When: October 5–7, 2019
- 🌎 Where: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 💸 Cost: $1,650 (member) / $1,750 (non-member)
Australia’s biggest project management event is all about (r)evolution in 2019. Leading futurist Steve Sammartino will kick off the event. Come see what the future of project management has in store and how you can be an influential change agent in your organization.
- 📅 When: October 20–22, 2019
- 🌏 Where: Melbourne, Australia
- 💸 Cost: $1,950 (member) / $2,399 (non-member)
If you eat, breathe, and sleep digital projects, you’ll find your people here. The speaker lineup features digital project management experts from Google, CNN, USAA, Duke University, and Capital One, just to name a few. Our own Director of Education Brett Harned helps run this event and will lead a workshop, so be sure to say 👋 if you go.
- 📅 When: October 20–22, 2019
- 🌎 Where: Orlando, Florida
- 💸 Cost: $1,099 (Summit) / $499 (Workshop) / $1,399 (Summit + Workshop)
Hosted by the Scrum Alliance, this annual conference brings hundreds of Scrum practitioners together to learn, share, and grow together. Expect discussions on themes like enterprise agility, radical innovation, environmental safety, and technical excellence. Inspirational leadership stories and case studies on the worst idea that actually worked will also be showcased.
- 📅 When: October 28–30, 2019
- 🌍 Where: Vienna, Austria
- 💸 Cost: $1,355 (member) / $1,595 (non-member)
Are you a project management leader looking to take your PMO to the next level? This is a great place to start. Hear what the future has in store for the PMO profession, and learn how to ensure your team and organization are ready. Plus, earn up to 16 PDUs while you’re there.
- 📅 When: November 3–6, 2019
- 🌎 Where: Denver, Colorado
- 💸 Cost: $2,750
The city of Dubai has undergone a major development boom over the past 2 decades and knows a thing or two about managing big projects. So it makes sense it would host the region’s largest project management event. This year’s theme is cultural diversity, with the opportunity to earn 25+ PDUs. Dig into topics like economic diversity, hybrid project management, SMART mobility, mega event project management, the Millennial project manager, and remote project management.
- 📅 When: December 7–10, 2019
- 🌏 Where: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 💸 Cost: TBA
Boost your learning with free project management training
Want to grow your career but don’t have the time or budget to attend a conference this year? Check out our free online video course The Art & Science of Leading Projects, and sharpen your skills with our free online classes. We’re always adding new topics to our roster, and the training never costs you a dime.
If you’re looking for a simple tool that helps you plan and manage projects with ease, we’ve got you covered. Watch the video below to see how TeamGantt works, and try our online project management software for free today!